- 2 ¼ c. flour, all-purpose
- 2 t. baking soda
- ½ c. salted butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1 ¾ c. sugar, granulated
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ t. vanilla extract
- 2 c. fresh pineapple, crushed/puree'd (or 20oz can crushed pineapple)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cake rounds with non-stick cooking spray or line cupcake tin with paper cupcake liners.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, baking soda) in medium bowl; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl cream butter, add sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beat thoroughly after each addition then beat until fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract, mix.
- Add approximately 2/3 flour just until combined. Stir in all of pineapple; finish with flour until barely combined.
- Divide evenly among 8" rounds or fill cupcake tin 3/4 full.
- Bake cakes approx. 32-37 minutes; bake cupcakes approx. 21-25 minutes.
- Cool cake rounds for 10 minutes before removing cake to cooling rack; remove cupcakes after allowing to cool 4-5 minutes.
- Batter does not rise significantly.
- Frost when completely cool.