- ½ c. sugar, granulated
- 3 T cornstarch
- 8oz can, crushed pineapple
- ½ t. salt
- 1 T butter
- ½ t. lemon juice (lime juice is ok, too)
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Add pineapple to pan.
- Add water (or additional pineapple juice) to juice to measure 3/4 cup
- Pour into pan, continue whisking.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; continue whisking for 2 mins (less for a thinner consistency).
- Remove from the heat.
- Add butter and lemon juice.
- Cool completely.